Concealed Carry Permit or License Policy: Shall-Issue
Minnesota is a “shall-issue” state for permits to carry a pistol.
Eligibility for Minnesota Permit to Carry:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
- Must have training in the safe use of a pistol
- Must complete an application for a permit
- Must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm under Minnesota Statute 624.714
- Must not be listed in the criminal gang investigative data system
- Applications by Minnesota residents for permits to carry shall be made to the county sheriff where the applicant resides. Nonresidents may apply to any sheriff.
Application for Minnesota Permit to Carry:
Additional information is being prepared for this page. Please check back soon!